Grilled Polenta with Gorgonzola and Prosciutto
This recipe contains all of our favourite things!
- Bring the water to the boil in a heavy based pot. Add a good pinch of salt. Lower to a simmer and pour in the polenta in one slow, steady stream while stirring with a wooden spoon. When the polenta starts to boil, reduce the heat as low as possible.
- Cook the polenta, stirring from time to time, in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions. Once very thick, transfer the polenta to a rectangular heatproof container and allow to cool to room temperature. Once cooled, place into the fridge for at least an hour.
- Once the polenta is cold and set, turn it out onto a chopping board. Slice the polenta into any shape you like, my go-to is long triangles.
- Brush the polenta on both sides with olive oil and place onto a very hot grill or barbecue for 3 minutes each side.
- Arrange the polenta between the serving plates with the gorgonzola on top and then drape over the prosciutto. Finish with parmesan cheese.